Counseling + Prep
A comprehensive college application strategy
Your success is more than high test scores and great grades. It’s also about how we help empower you through your educational journey to figure out the best ways you learn, the subjects that interest you, and how these areas intersect with choices like where you’ll go to college and what kind of career you might pursue.
This year, we’re thrilled to launch a new program: Endeavor Test Prep + College Counseling. This innovative, highly customizable program combines our thirty years of experience in test preparation and college counseling to help you develop a personal academic blueprint for college acceptance.
- Our program starts with goal development using three online assessment tools: our ACT vs SAT Comparison Test, the YouScience Aptitude Exam, and a College Application Checklist. These assessments help you identify your standardized test-taking strengths and learning style to determine if you’re better suited to prepare for the SAT or the ACT. It highlights your aptitude and interest in specific fields of study, and identifies any areas of weakness in need of remediation in advance of your senior-year college applications.
- After these pre-assessments are completed, you will sit down for a one-on-one session with one of our expert college counselors. Together you will review the assessments and develop a personalized blueprint that will guide you through the rest of you college admission journey.
- Armed with a clear plan, you will begin preparing for your chosen college-entrance exam with Chyten’s master-level faculty. By choosing our Core Endeavor program, you will receive 12 hours of private tutoring to prepare for the spring SAT or ACT exam, using the summer exam as a fallback option. If you choose our Superscore Endeavor option, you will receive 24 hours of private tutoring to prepare for both winter and spring exam dates.
- Once test prep is complete, you will choose from one of three college-readiness bootcamp sessions to attend the summer before your senior year: Early Decision Mastery, Common Application Mastery (application required), or Communication 101: Interview Skills & Effective Wording for the College Essay.
- Toward the end of the summer, you and your parents will meet again with a Chyten counselor to go over a 12-page progress report and evaluation. You will examine your readiness pertaining to 11 key areas of the college application process. You’ll also receive a checklist identifying any remaining application items to complete during your senior year.